Monday, December 7, 2009

Tearing away the things that I crave...

The pen hits the page like the wind hits the rain,
Writing the mistakes that You will erase,
Before tearing away that things that I crave,
Til all there is is You

I've been here before but I cannot explain,
This cold in my heart that I cannot replace,
Or the reasons I chase that things that I hate,
Til all there is is You.

"
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen."
Oh, to overcome self..

A process in which the end can be justified by the means, though the means will always be more gradual than anyone would care to possess or admit.

For it seems that growth happens just slow enough so much you can't see it moving. Be it a little faster and perhaps I could be satisfied. But no, it's like being so thirsty, and having a full glass of water in front of you, and a straw the width of a toothpick.

Eventually, this water will be mine... but what a slow and painful process it is...

I long for the day that I wake up, and see and say,

here we are,

you've made it.

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. thanks for sharing this, i love the metaphor of the glass of water, very very true. patience is key in all this, reminding ourselves that we are not promised tomorrow, that we are human, and that God is longing to shine through us and reach his objects of desire. understanding that this is a process, that becoming like Christ is painful, and yet the sweetest most amazing mind blowing thing ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post my friend...But we will never reach that point where we can say "we've made it". Life is journey, not a destination...God will put moments in your life, but you will never stop growing...You will never stop finding out new things about yourself...When you are 80 years old you will find new things that you would have never found when you were 50, 40, 21...All thi sis cliche...But it is cliche for a reason...Don't focus on how you think it will all end up...Focus on how you want to be the man you want to be...And choose this day whom you will serve in order to be that man...

    ReplyDelete